For several years, the TU Madmen Chapter has conducted or sponsored litter clean-ups on Mad River. In recent years the volume of litter, plus the "OPEN DUMPING" of larger household items has increased, especially at certain bridges. We are planning to schedule additional formal clean-ups, but in order to lessen the volume of waste collected at these events, we are asking for volunteers to pick up litter and keep an eye on potential issues, when visiting or fishing the river. Keeping the river clean makes your fishing experience and those of others more enjoyable. It also helps reduce further littering and dumping. Open dumping and littering attracts more littering and open dumping. The volunteer names, along with their preferred bridge area will be identified on this web site. Please consider being part of the program; here are the items volunteers can help with:
· Please collect litter and recycle as many items as possible when visiting or fishing the river;
· Notify Ron Lewis and Don Boysel if you identify any areas that have received larger items from open dumping activities;
· Notify the local sheriff and/or ODNR Division of Wildlife officer of potential illegal activities. Please let Ron Lewis and Don Boysel know when you have alerted the authorities;
· Notify Don Boysel if you identify any potential issues associated with the river, such as erosion, log jams, riparian area removal and dredging activities; and
· Attend formal Mad River clean-ups or other TU Madmen Chapter events/activities when available (for upcoming activities/events please refer to the calendar of events on www.tumadmen.org/calendar.shtml).
If you are interested in volunteering for this critical activity, please send your name, contact information and preferred bridge area to Theresa Fauver (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Ron Lewis (email@example.com) and Don Boysel (firstname.lastname@example.org).